Friday, May 11, 2007

Kool-Aid Pickles

This was in the New York Times' Food & Wine Section the other day. I am not a big fan of pickles. In fact, anyone who goes for casual dining with me, knows that I border on obsessive about harrassing the waitstaff about even getting a pickle near my plate. So to say that Kool Aid Pickles are about the worst thing I've ever heard of is damning with faint praise. Apparently, they're all the rage in the Mississippi Delta, especially amongst school children. Ewwwww.

3 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I've been meaning to comment about this- I think this is so disgusting. I had never heard of this before! Southerners can eat some weird stuff (myself included), but this is the worst!!!! And the color! Sorry, just had to vent :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is wrong on all sorts of levels...

a. said...

Now that looks really nasty!