- Cut the tomatoes in half length-wise and flatten them on a cookie sheet.
- Brush or spray with good-quality olive oil
- Sprinkle with sea salt or other salt.
- You can also add sprigs of rosemary or slivers of garlic.
- Set the oven to its lowest possible temperature. If you've got a gas oven, set to warm
- Check the tomatoes every hour or so until they're leathery.
Depending on the temperature of your oven and the size of the tomatoes, this will take anywhere from three to twelve hours. Don't over-cook them or they will become bitter and brittle. The house will smell amazing and you'll be tempted to pop some dried tomatoes into your mouth the minute they're done.