Thursday, January 8, 2009

Boulangerie in the UK

When I was in England in October, I ate at a lot of great places, included Modern Pantry (below), Petersham Nurseries, Tom's in Notting Hill, Bluebird (a Conran restaurant) and a sweet little French Bakery in Richmond, Surrey. I had to wait about a half an hour for my friend to come in to Richmond on the train, so to while away the time, I popped into this little bakery to have a cafe au lait and read the Sunday Times.
In addition to gorgeous marcarons, they had some vegetable tarts, adorable chocolates including this cutie pie frog and enormous meringues.

Luckily, my friend wasn't too long in coming!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG!!!!!
Absolutely YUMMY looking...everything
Thanks for show & tell
Carolg/ParisBreakfast

TBM said...

I should know better than to read this blog BEFORE lunch! Gorgeous photos of very delicious looking food. I think I can smell those veggie tarts!

Bee said...

Oh My! And I actually live within an hour (well, maybe add another half) of this wonderful place! Your pictures are yummy, too. The colors are so fresh and clear.