Monday, June 1, 2009

Sunday Market - May 31

My mother came to the market with me, and she was looking for hanging baskets and some bedding plants. We were on a tight schedule and so there wasn't a lot of time to stop and take pictures.
We went to the market at 9:30 so my mother could make it to 10:30 mass at St. Ignatius. The difference between being at the market at our usual 8:00 a.m. arrival and 9:30 is like night and day. At 8:00, people are serious about getting what they want and then getting out of there and on with their day. They move along quickly and with a purpose.
At 9:30, people are there to browse and wander slowly through the market. It's also about three times more crowded at that time, something that I don't like!
I am continually amazed by the inconsiderate people who persist in bringing their dogs to the market. It's against the rules in the first place, and dogs, especially the huge one I saw yesterday are an impediment to traffic. Please show some consideration and leave your damn dog at home... Surely you can be parted from him for a little while, no?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh those flowers are amazingly gorgeous! Glad you had mama at the market. Boy I miss you guys. But Ned brought me some strawberries from his trip yesterday!