Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wegmans Pink Grapefruit Sorbet

For me, a trip to Wegmans is a huge undertaking. It's about a 50 mile round trip, a bit much for some grocery shopping. On the occasion that I do find myself in the vicinity of Shawan Road, I try and stop in at Wegmans. There are only a few things that I get there that I can't find anywhere else, and one of them is Wegmans house brand Pink Grapefruit Sorbet.
I love pink grapefruit anything, and I've never tasted anything like this. It's got a sharp citrus taste, with little bits of grapefruit rind in it. It's light and crisp and delicious! Added to that it's fat-free, gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan.

It's also the most beautiful pale, pale pink, one of my favourite colours. I bought three pints.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love emui.. brand pink grapefruit yogurt- YUMMY

Me said...

FIFTY MILES ROUND TRIP??!!! Have ya...MOVED????? :-)

Pigtown*Design said...

Ok... just checked it. It's 40 miles. WHATEVER! Tooooo far to go to grocery shop.

Washington Cube said...

I adore pink grapefruit anything as well. I often use a pink grapefruit martini created for me as my avatar. I have got to get to a Wegman's, and none near me here in D.C. The one in Baltimore. The one in the wilds of Virginia.