Saturday, July 11, 2009

J. Patrick's Pub

When I lived in Locust Point, it took me about five years to go to J.Patrick's Pup, even though it was only about a five minute walk from my house. They are unapologetically Irish and my family is British Protestant.

However, once I did go, I fell in love with the cameraderie of the place and the genuine goodness of the people there, especially the owner, J. Patrick Byrne.

They frequently have live music, and the Chefs and I headed over there last week to catch one of their Thursday night jam sessions. It was brilliant.

Oh, and to make this post food-related, they have "small boneless chickens" on their menu.

3 comments:

Bird said...

Small boneless chickens...now that's funny!!!

strawberriesinparis said...

I finally took Ned there on Friday and boy is he enamored now!

Mary said...

I was there that night too. I don't get out there much anymore (stupid job!), but my crew of friends is usually sitting along the wall by the bathrooms on Thursday nights. Most of us have been going there off and on for about 10 years.